Wausau, Wisconsin is truly a four season destination, with plenty to see and do no matter the time of year. In light of Wausau’s popularity, many of the town’s most popular summer events require a little advanced planning to ensure you have both tickets and a place to stay. To that end, we’ve put together a guide to some of the top reasons to visit Wausau this summer, in hopes of helping you make the most of your time in our charming city. There are no finer accommodations in Wausau than the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel. Book your room today, and get started planning for these top summer events today.
Wausau’s Top Summer Events
It’s not hard to find inspiration to visit the town of Wausau, Wisconsin. Between the unparalleled opportunities for outdoor recreation, our luxurious accommodations, and a range of exciting events and attractions, our riverside city has a lot going for it. As with most great destinations around the country, Wausau has a full calendar of summer events, many of which bring repeat guests to our town year after year. We’ve compiled a list of the best reasons to visit Wausau this summer. Make sure to mark your calendars, and get started on those vacation plans today!
- Kickoff Summer in Wausau with the Summer Kickoff Weekend, which features the Father’s Day Classic Car Show on Wausau’s 400-Block.
- Enjoy Concerts on the Square, Wausau’s popular free concert series located in the 400-Block of Downtown Wausau, which begins for the season on June 13.
- Starting on July 8, 2018, join Wausau residents for Sunday night Jazz on the River at the Kickbusch Plaza from 5pm – 7pm.
- The South Beach Chamber Ensemble will be performing in Wausau this summer, with their South Beach Up North program during the end of July.
- On July 28 – 29, 2018, the Big Bull Falls Brewery will be hosting the Sid Kyler River Valley Jazz Festival. This event draws hundreds of old and new jazz fans each year with two days of live jazz music, food from 2510 Restaurant, and microbrews from Bull Falls Brewery.
- This year marks the 2nd annual Hmong Festival, a unique celebration of the arts, sports and music of the Hmong people. A majority of Hmong Americans live in the Midwest, with Marathon County alone being home to an estimated 7,500 Asian citizens, many of which are of Hmong descent. It will take place on July 28 & 29, 2018.
- Fitness enthusiasts join us for two great events this summer! The Wausau Triathalon will take place on August 4, 2018 and the Wausau Marathon will take place on August 25, 2018.
- Join us at Wisconsin’s longest running blues fest, the Big Bull Falls Blues Fest, on August 17 – 18, 2018.
- By far one of the most popular events in Wausau for the entire year, the Artrageous Weekend is back on September 8 – 9, 2018. The popular Birds in Art exhibit opens this same weekend, and will run through November 25, 2018.
- The International Wisconsin Ginseng Festival will take place from September 14 – 16, 2018, and includes a variety of agricultural, culinary, educational, historical, arts, and entertainment in celebration of the area’s Hmong culture.
- Get your fill of beer and bacon at this year’s Beer and Bacon Fest, which will take place on September 22, 2018.
- The Grand Prix of Wisconsin’s North American Powerboat championships will take place September 22 – 23, 2018. Join us for the excitement on Lake Wausau!
These fantastic summer events are just a small part of the fun to be had in Wausau throughout the summer of 2018. There are so many other wonderful attractions in the area, including plenty of hiking and boating, a thriving arts & culture scene, beautiful state and local parks, and so much more. However you choose to spend your time in Wausau, we’re here to help. But first, start making those plans for these popular summer events now. Make your reservations at the elegant Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel today!