Now that the holidays are over and we’re looking at a fresh start in 2019, it’s time to start planning your year of getaways. No matter what it is you’re looking for, know you can find it at our luxury Boutique Hotel in the charming town of Wausau, Wisconsin. Wausau is a city packed with Northwoods Wisconsin Charm, historic attractions, great restaurants, live music venues, extraordinary shopping, and a variety of incredible outdoor activities that need to be experienced at least once every few years. Best yet, much of this excitement is within easy walking distance of our historic Inn, making us the perfect home base for your getaway. Book your getaway for the upcoming 2019 calendar year at our luxury boutique hotel, and get ready for a Wausome getaway!
Wisconsin’s Best Getaway in 2019
Though its name may not be instantly recognizable as a top travel destination, we’d easily argue that Wausau is one of Wisconsin’s top getaway destinations, and certainly one of the state’s hidden gems. It’s a breathtakingly beautiful city, nestled on the Wisconsin River and surrounded by the soaring heights of Rib Mountain State Park, and Wausau’s famous Granite Peak Ski Area. Beyond that, Wausau is home to a variety of world-class attractions, including the new Museum of Contemporary Art. Get ready to pack your itinerary full with these top suggestions:
- Take in a performance at Wausau’s Grand Theater.
- Go Skiing at Granite Peak Ski Area, one of the best places for downhill skiing and snowboarding in the Midwest.
- Go Cross Country Skiing or snowshoeing on one of the many trails around Wausau. These same trails are great for hiking and biking in the spring, summer, and fall months.
- Take part in the Badger State Winter Games, happening now through April, 2019. The summer games will pick up in June.
- When the weather warms up, challenge yourself on the Wausau Whitewater course.
- Dine at some of Wisconsin’s best restaurants, some only blocks from the Inn.
- Attend any number of our great festivals throughout the year. There’s always something fun on Wausau’s event calendar. The most popular of these include Balloon & RibFest in July, Chalkfest in July, Big Bull Falls Blues Fest in August, and the Blues Cafe in March.
- Visit the extraordinary Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum.
As you can see, a getaway to the Stewart Inn can be filled with plenty of fun and adventure at these great attractions. Whether you come from near or far, there truly is only one Wausau, and it’s worth seeing. Book your room at our luxury Inn today, and get started planning the adventure of a lifetime.