Wausau, Wisconsin is an absolute gem of a vacation destination, even during these chilly winter months–perhaps especially during these chilly winter months! There are a variety of winter sports to enjoy each year during the Badger State Winter Games, which run January through March. Not only that, but Wausau is home to an incredible curling club that hosts a variety of events throughout the year. The Badger State Games have just gotten their start for 2018, and the curling season is in fully swing. Now is the perfect time to book your lodging in Wausau. The Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel features unmatched luxury, making this the perfect place to stay while in Wausau. Don’t hesitate; book your room today!
Wausau’s Top Winter Sports
The Badger State Games, which have already started, will continue throughout February and March. The games offer some of the most exciting winter sports weekends around, and include events like billiards, bowling, curling, fat tire bike racing, figure skating, gymnastics, nordic skiing, ski jumping, hockey, and so much more.
In addition to the excitement of the Badger State Games, Wausau is also a popular place for winter sports like Curling. In fact, Wisconsin has more curling clubs than any other state, with one of the oldest and most active clubs in the state being right here in Wausau. The Wausau Curling Club maintains 5 sheets of curling ice at the Marathon Park, and hosts a series of bonspiels throughout the season. Weekends in January and February are always busy at the club, with a variety of competitive and fun events.
Other Great Ways to Spend Time in Wausau
When you have some time to spare, we are located just a few short blocks away from the many delicious restaurants, museums, and shops of downtown Wausau. Here are just a few of our favorite things about Wausau, all easily accessible from our boutique hotel:
- The Woodson Art Museum, which features a permanent collection of paintings, graphics and sculptures primarily focusing on birds.
- Sample the Wausau’s craft breweries, including Bull Falls Brewery, Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company, and the Red Eye Brewing Company.
- Catch any of the live performances at The Grand Theater.
- Experience a traditional MidWest Supperclub. Dinner at the Pinewood Supper Club, one of the top-ranked in the state of Wisconsin, will be a meal you won’t soon forget. Other great places for dinner include the City Grill Bistro and Back When Café.
- Unwind with the nightly wine and cheese reception at the beautiful Stewart Inn, before retiring to the luxurious comfort of your room.
Don’t miss these incredible winter sports in Wausau. Book your room at the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel today!