If you are looking for a place to plan your summer vacation, you should consider Wausau, Wisconsin. Wausau is surrounded by woods, lakes, and hills and was previously named, “Best Place to Experience the Outdoors” by Wisconsin Trail magazine. Below, you will find 10 fun and adventurous things to do on your summer vacation that will make it one of the most memorable vacations ever. Book your stay at the Stewart Inn, Wausau’s finest boutique Hotel, and come enjoy a summer getaway with us!
10 Things to do in Wausau This Summer
The next time you visit us at the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel in Wausau, consider doing one of these 10 great activities.
- If you’re a summertime nature enthusiast, head to Dells of the Eau Claire Park. This 190 acre park surrounds fantastic geological features created by the Eau Claire River. It boasts a beautiful swimming beach, nature trails and spectacular waterfalls and rapids.
- Feeling the need for speed? Head over to the State Park Speedway and catch a couple of fast races.
- Surround yourself with beauty and nature at the Monk Botanical Gardens. The gardens are designed to enhance the mind and the body and to create a relaxing day with friends or family.
- Do you love to kayak? People from around the world travel to Wausau to hit the water at Whitewater Park. Competitors of all ages compete on the kayak course and if your really good, you can sail your kayak down the Wausau Whitewater’s Big Drop.
- If you appreciate art, you will want to visit Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art. You can experience the work and ideas of artists both living and deceased.
- Take some time to sip some wine at Lil Ole Winemaker Winery. With over 30 wines to choose from, finding your favorite will be a joy. You can also pair it with the perfect cheese from their cheese shop.
- Experience “hot tubbing” in one of the open-to-the sky whirlpools located at Hot Water Spa. Take a day to pamper yourself and enjoy all the services they provide.
- If you want to enjoy a little nightlife, the City Grill Bistro is a great place to hang out with friends, listen to some live music or catch a game.
- If you’re a baseball fan don’t miss the Wisconsin Woodchucks.
- Wausau has amazing festivals throughout the summer. The Balloon and Rib Fest is one of the locals favorite festival. Hot air balloons glow and rib vendors from around the country come to compete.
This is just a small list of what Wausau has to offer. If you are planning a summer visit to our beautiful community, book a room at Stewart Inn. You will find that every little detail is covered to make sure that your stay is extraordinary. The Stewart Inn is a luxury boutique hotel that offers a traditional bed and breakfast experience that is sure to please. Book your summer vacation at our Wausau Bed and Breakfast today!