Though it may not seem like it with all the cold and snowy weather we’ve had this year, spring really isn’t too far away. But before we start rejoicing in the warmer weather and sprouting of flowers that are the harbingers of better weather to come, let’s take a few final weeks to enjoy this winter in Wausau. There are plenty of fun things to do in and around Wausau. Whether you’ve come to play in the snow, such as at the state’s premier skiing destination, Granite Peak Ski Area, or whether you’d rather stick to Wausau’s indoor attractions, there’s more than enough to keep you busy while you’re in town. Come stay with us at the Stewart Inn luxury boutique hotel this winter, and discover these 10 great things to do near Downtown Wausau.
10 Fun Things To Do This Winter
Wausau is centrally located and easily accessibly from all corners of Wisconsin. The town offers a healthy array of big-city amenities, such as great restaurants and shopping, an incredible arts community, and world-class museums. The best part of Wausau, though, is you’ll enjoy all of these great amenities along with the friendly, small-town hospitality you’d expect from smaller travel-friendly destinations. It’s part of makes Wausau such a perfect getaway destination. Here are 10 great ideas for things to do during your next stay with us in Wausau:
- Take in a live Broadway production, concert, or other performance at Wausau’s stunning Grand Theater.
- Explore the wonderful exhibits at the Woodson Art Museum, home to the famous Birds in Art exhibit each fall.
- Head to one of Wausau’s newest museum’s, the Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art. This artistic treasure offers a unique glimpse into modern day art. The Center for the Visual Arts, which houses a rotating exhibits of local and regional artwork, is also a great place to visit.
- Stroll through the adjacent Andrew Warren Historic District, and admire the incredible, historic architecture that has been preserved in this part of town.
- Head to the Wausau Curling Club, and try your hand at one of Wisconsin’s favorite and oldest indoor winter pastimes. It’s one of the oldest curling clubs in the nation.
- Hit the slopes, and go skiing at Granite Peak Ski Area. There are 75 runs, 4 terrain parks, 3 high-speed chairlifts, state-of-the-art snowmaking, and two cozy chalets to enjoy, which is more than enough to keep you busy.
- Revel in the unique beauty of winter, and enjoy an evening snowshoe hikes at Rib Mountain State Park and Robert W. Monk Gardens.
- Strap on some ice skates and head downtown for some old fashioned ice skating in Wausau’s 400 block or Marathon Park.
- Unwind at one of our local breweries in downtown Wausau.
- Enjoy traditional date night activities, including wine and cheese at the Inn starting at 5:00P.M, followed by a delicious dinner at City Grill Bistro in downtown Wausau, and live music at one of our many venues around town.
When all is said and done and you’ve had your fill of fun in Downtown Wausau, return to the luxurious accommodations at Stewart Inn. Our specialty is making your stay truly extraordinary, taking care of the smallest of details for you. Book your room at the Stewart Inn today.