Summer is a beautiful time of year in Wisconsin. Wisconsin’s harsh winters focus attention on the change of seasons around here. July is Wausau’s hottest month and temperatures average in the low 80’s. Stay out all day and enjoy Wausau’s perfect summer weather. Downtown Wausau and all it has to offer are easily walkable from the Stewart Inn Luxury hotel, making it the perfect choice for lodging in the area. Book your room at our Wisconsin Inn today, and join us this summer for these exciting events in downtown Wausau!
Music in Downtown Wausau
- Big Bull Falls Blues Fest, sponsored this year by Budweiser, is held in Wausau’s own Fern Island Park. Wausau’s premier luxury hotel, the historic Stewart Inn, is located just 1.5 miles from the park. Get your tickets early, and make reservations now!
- Rock on the Water is coming this July. Don’t miss performances by Jack Squat, Hartless, and Wausau favorite Bobby Blues Tortured Soul.
- Concerts on the Square are every Wednesday, rain or shine, from June 5 through August 21. The historic Stewart Inn is just a stone’s throw away from the 400 block. It will literally take you a minute to get to the square!
Great Food, Music, & History
Downtown Wausau is a music festival firehouse in the summer, and what goes better with music than great food? Hmong culture is very strong in Wausau. Originally from Laos, this industrious group came to Wausau after the Vietnam War and are an integral part of the modern community. This unique history is reflected in the restaurant specialties of the area, but there’s more to Wausau that great ethnic food. Put these highly rated restaurants on your Wausau Bucket List.
- Hmong Eggrolls – a cute family restaurant renowned for its pho, and of course eggrolls!
- Michael’s Supper Club – spendy, meat-based cuisine.
- Pho 76 – one of Hmong Eggrolls’ greatest competitors when it comes to pho and price. Try them both!
- Back When Cafe – don’t miss their famous Wisconsin Cheese Curds!
- Wausau Mine Company–a great place for Friday Fish Fry!
- City Grill – a stylish place that’s perfect for a special occasion or romantic night out.
Before Wausau became a modern town, the French used it as a base for their burgeoning fur trade. Its prime location on the Wisconsin River can’t be beaten. Today Wausau is a modern and diverse town with agricultural roots. Don’t miss the Farmers Market held every Wednesday and Saturday from May to November. Book today and enjoy your summer stay with the historic Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel!