With work, families, and a regular onslaught of commitments to juggle, it’s no wonder that people find themselves feeling stressed. Why not find a place to getaway for a day or two or three? We have the perfect place in mind, too; The Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel in Wisconsin’s charming, yet hidden gem of a town of Wausau. You might be asking yourself “Why Wausau,” but you should be asking yourself “Why not Wausau?” Wausau, and the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel in particular, is the perfect place to recharge. If you’re looking for a way to relax and reconnect with that special someone in your life, come spend some time with us, and let us take care of all of the small details. Book a room at the historic Stewart Inn near downtown Wausau today.
The Best Lodging near Downtown Wausau
Within just a few hours of Milwaukee, Madison, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Green Bay, Bayfield, La Crosse, Eau Claire and Chicago, you can be in the quaint, and charming core of downtown Wausau, Wisconsin. Why would you want to find yourself here? Truthfully, the luxury accommodations at the Stewart Inn are enough of a reason to visit Wausau. We are located in the heart of the beautiful Andrew Warren Historic District, and are but one of a few shining examples of George Maher’s Arts and Crafts Architectural Style. Inside, you’ll find original chandeliers, sconces, decorative fireplaces and stained glass windows. Not only is the Stewart Inn an incredibly beautiful hotel, it’s location is nearly unmatched in Wausau. Within just 5 blocks, you’ll have access to everything you need in downtown Wausau, including restaurants, museums, shops, and more. In addition to all of this, you’ll enjoy a gourmet multi-course breakfasts, state-of-the-art technology, luxurious mattresses and fine linens, a steam shower with every room, and a nightly wine and cheese reception.
Exploring Downtown Wausau
But even if we travel beyond the doors of the Stewart Inn, we can find plenty of reasons to come and visit. There are a number of wonderful things to see and do in Wausau, including hiking, skiing, biking, spa treatments, outdoor & indoor concerts, shopping, and a dining scene that rivals those found in bigger cities. We’ve said it multiple times before, and we’ll keep saying it: We consider Downtown Wausau to be Wisconsin’s hidden gem, and think it is one of the most underrated destinations for romantic getaways and general travel in the state. Once your here, you’ll find that there are several fun ways to turn up the romance and have some fun. Here are just a few ideas:
- Get active and head outside. Winter is a great time to go skiing at Granite Peak. There are also hundreds of miles of Nordic Ski or Snowshoeing trails to explore.
- Visit the extraordinary Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, which houses the famous “Birds in Art” exhibit each fall.
- Take in a performance at the Grand Theater. The Theater itself is extraordinarily beautiful, and the performances are always delightful.
- When you’re ready to unwind and begin your evening, enjoy a glass of wine and an appetizer at Crostini Bar. It’s one of the newest places in town, and so far has been delighting guests with its selection of small bites and drinks.
- Enjoy a dinner comparable to what you’d expect from a larger city. Some of our favorites include City Grill and Back When Cafe. For a true Wisconsin experience, head to Michaels Supper Club.
Finally, return to the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel, where you’ll sink into our luxurious accommodations; the perfect setting to enjoy a little romance away from home. We specialize in making your stay extraordinary. Book your room at the Stewart Inn, and start planning a getaway you won’t soon forget.