Wausau, centrally located in Wisconsin, and surrounded by forests, lakes, and hills, offers an incredible diversity of outdoor activities in all four season of the year, as well as a thriving arts community, friendly Northwoods Wisconsin hospitality, and all the amenities you’d expect from bigger cities like Madison or Milwaukee. Underneath Wausau’s rugged charm, you’ll find a cultural center that boasts an outstanding arts community, a vibrant history and culture to explore, and plenty of delicious restaurants just waiting to fuel you up for your next adventure. Cap that all off with a stay at our historic downtown Boutique Hotel, and you have the makings of a perfect getaway in Wisconsin this spring. Book your room at the Stewart Inn today.
Local Restaurants Worth Trying
If there’s one thing to know about Wausau, it’s that under all of rugged exterior is a city full of surprises. Wausau’s restaurants are certainly no exception, and will delight even the pickiest of eaters. From local pub far to fresh farm-to-table ingredients, and even a traditional Supper Club experience, Wausau has what you’re looking for. In fact, one of Wausau’s top restaurants, the Back When Café, has been listed as one of the top 16 most romantic places to eat in all of Wisconsin. Their humble name can be a bit misleading, but inside, you’ll enjoy some of the best upscale, seasonal eats in all of Wausau. If you’re looking for more great finds, here are our favorite places to eat in and around Wausau, most of which are easily walkable from our hotel:
- The City Grill, which offers an extensive wine and drink menu, rounded out by some truly magnificent dishes.
- There is nothing more Wisconsin than dinner at an old-fashioned Supper Club. There are two in or nearby Wausau: Pinewood Supper Club is one of the top-rated clubs in the state, but Michaels Supper Club is pretty great as well!
- The 319 Gallery & Bistro is a hidden gem in Wausau, and is one of our go-to luncheon spots at The Stewart Inn.
- Thrive Foodery has some seriously delicious maple glazed pork chops — a Wausau favorite.
- The Red Eye Brewing Company not only has great craft brews, but their food is delicious as well.
- Grab some delicious sushi at Masa Sushi Grill, or sample the delicious Asian Fusion cuisine at Basil. You can’t go wrong with either.
- If you’re looking for something quick and easy, maybe after a long day skiing at Granite Peak, you can’t go wrong with Fat Joes Pizza. Don’t miss your opportunity to try their sinful maple knots at the end of the night, either!
If your mouth is watering, then it’s time to come visit us in Wausau. Book your room at our luxury Boutique Hotel today.Let us know if we can help you make dinner plans!