If you’re looking for romantic things to do in Wausau, you’re in good company. We absolutely love winter here in Wausau, as it gives us the perfect opportunity to slow down and appreciate everything, and everyone, we have around us. It’s also a time of year when romance seems to be on our hearts and minds. As Valentine’s Day approaches, we think now is the absolute perfect time to plan a romantic getaway in Wisconsin.
When looking for romantic lodging for the occasion, you’ll find that our luxury Bed and Breakfast is exactly what you had in mind. We all know that high-quality accommodations that go above and beyond to meet and even exceed your expectations is the foundation for any great romantic getaway. That’s exactly what you’ll find when you stay with us. Fall in love all over again this season with our guide to romantic things to do in Wausau. Book a room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Romantic Things to do in Wausau WI
If you’re looking for someplace to spend the perfect romantic getaway, we think you’d be hard-pressed to find something better than the Stewart Inn, located in the ruggedly romantic town of Wausau. Sure, Wausau is known for its great ski area, Granite Peak Ski Resort, and a plethora of outdoor activities. But Wausau is so much more than meets the eye, too. Just like the Stewart Inn, you’ll notice what sets us apart from the first moment you arrive here.
Though there are more fun and romantic things to do in Wausau than we could possibly mention. Even so, here are 10 of our favorite romantic things to do in Wausau:
- See the incredible art exhibits at Wausau’s art galleries and museums, such as the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum.
- Savor the romance over drinks and innovative dishes and one-of-a-kind experience at the nearby Pinewood Supper club in Mosinee. Pinewood Supper Club is ranked the #2 supper club in the state and is certainly one of the most romantic dining venues near Wausau.
- Take in a performance at one of Wisconsin’s oldest and most beautiful performing arts venues, the Grand Theater.
- Stay within walking distance to the Inn, and enjoy an intimate dinner for two at City Grill or Back When Cafe.
- Get outside, and go on a romantic snowshoe the winter wonderland at Rib Mountain State Park and Nine Mile County Forest Recreation Area. There are some extra romantic candlelit snowshoe events coming up at Rib Mountain State Park that we highly recommend. You’ve not enjoyed our winter wonderland until you’ve done it at night.
- We’ve all heard the old adage “The couple that plays together, stays together.” That’s easy in Wausau! Head to Granite Peak Ski Area for a day of extraordinary skiing right here in the Midwest!
- Enjoy a relaxing couples massage at Apex Wellness.
- Grab a drink and enjoy some live music at one of Wausau’s many craft breweries, bars, and pubs downtown, which is only a few short blocks from the Stewart Inn and well within walking distance. One of our favorite places for a cocktail is the Timekeeper Distillery.
- Stay in, crank up the music on your room’s Sonos sound system, enjoy a leisurely soak in our large soaking tub (available only in the Fuller Room), and share a bottle of wine in front of the fireplace. For even more pampering, add one of our Touch of Romance Packages to your stay.
- Forgo the rest of the world, and take breakfast together in bed, where you’ll relish in the luxury amenities found in our suites at the Stewart Inn.
The Most Romantic Hotel in Wausau
The warm, sophisticated, and romantic atmosphere of our Inn captures the very essence of romance. Whether your perfect romantic getaway means finding someplace with endless adventures or just spending time somewhere beautiful together, you’ll find it in Wausau. Whatever it is you do, the time spent at our Bed and Breakfasts will be both romantic and memorable.
This winter, let us help you sweep your loved one off their feet. Book your stay at the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel today!