Welcome to the Stewart Inn, one of the best hotels in Wausau WI, for weekend getaways, extended business stays, or leisurely vacations. As a guest at our historic Arts and Craft designed mansion, you’ll quickly come to see why we hold the #1 spot of the Best hotels in Wausau on TripAdvisor. Due primarily to our welcoming hospitality, meticulously maintained common areas and guest suites, and more amenities than any other lodging option in this area.
The Stewart Inn was designed by famed architect George Maher of the Prairie School-style. His work had significant influence, particularly in the midwest in the early 20th century, on modern architecture, and his designs are often compared to the works of Frank Llyod Wright. While the Inn has been completely restored with historical preservation in mind, we’ve also introduced all of the modern conveniences needed for a luxurious vacation. It’s the best of both worlds!
The five pristine master suites offer all of the creature comforts necessary for a fantastic retreat, be that a romantic weekend getaway for two, a long, leisurely vacation, or a solo trip for business purposes. Each room has a lovely private bath with a double steam shower or soaking tub. Luscious linens, cozy robes, and high-end appointments round out your stay to perfection.
Join us at one of the Best Hotels in Wausau this Winter
When you start planning your next getaway in Wisconsin, begin with booking your room at one of the best hotels in Wausau for your lodging. Our small city in Central Wisconsin is a beautiful place to explore on the Wisconsin River with lush parks, art museums, and farm-to-table dining restaurants and breweries.
Here are five reasons to stay at the Stewart Inn, one of the best hotels in Wausau, for your next trip to Wisconsin:
- Our Wisconsin boutique hotel is located right in the heart of Wausau. As a guest here, you’ll be within walking distance to many of the area’s attractions from the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, the Wisconsin Riverfront and Historic District, and destination dining locations. It’s a great feeling to park your car at the Inn and explore our charming city on foot.
- You’ll have some fantastic food and drink during your stay with us. Of course, join us in the mornings for complimentary breakfast and then explore the dining options in Wausau for your other meals. For lunch, we recommend Red Eye Brewing for exceptional burgers, sandwiches, and wood-fired pizzas. Evening options are vast, but we always suggest checking out the Back When Cafe for farm-to-table dinners.
- For those night owls who enjoy a few drinks out on the town, be sure to check out TimeKeeper Distillery for signature craft cocktails in their classic cozy bar space. It’s an excellent spot for a nightcap after a show at the Grand Theater, a historic venue in downtown Wausau for musicals and performances.
- In the mornings at the Stewart Inn, we love to treat our guests to a gourmet breakfast. We would say this is definitely a detail that makes us one of the best hotels in Wasau. Let us start your day with a perfect cup of freshly brewed coffee, our very own proprietary blend that we love. Next up, you’ll enjoy our multi-course morning meal with baked goods warm from the oven, creative egg dishes, and fresh fruit and juices.
- All of our guest rooms are comfortable and cozy, but the Fuller Room is known as one of the favorite suites of return guests. It offers the most architectural details and has the additional perk of a private balcony framed by beautiful, original leaded windows. It’s also the only room equipped with an antique claw-foot soaking tub and a steam shower. It’s the perfect choice for a romantic getaway for two!
Elegant Dining at one of the Best Hotels in Wausau
Walking into our Wasau boutique hotel is like taking a step back into time. We’ve seamlessly updated the Inn to this century, but all the historical details, furnishings, and fixtures call to the past. Our dining room is a fine example of this. Join us for breakfast at our stunning table highlighted by the incredible chandelier that hangs above. It’s a lovely space to begin your day and fuel up for your next adventure.
As one of the best hotels in Wausau, our guests’ satisfaction is always our top priority. Allow us to help arrange reservations and offer tips and advice for things to do in Wausau. We’re known to be a friendly bunch in the midwest, and that’s as much the case here at the Stewart Inn as anywhere else in Wisconsin. Book your stay today!