We’ve talked a lot about skiing at Granite Peak Ski Area this winter, and even getting out on the trails around Wausau for some cross country skiing and snowshoeing. But did you also know Wausau is one of the most romantic getaways in Wisconsin, especially when you choose to lodge at someplace special like our historic & luxurious boutique hotel?
If you’re looking for someplace cozy and romantic to curl up and enjoy some alone time this winter, let us introduce you to Wisconsin’s #1 rated boutique hotel. There’s a reason Wausau can be considered one of the most romantic getaways in Wisconsin, and it starts right here at Stewart Inn. Here, it’s all about the small details that we tend to daily, leaving you free to relax and enjoy the time away. There may be a lot of places to stay in Wausau, but none that give you the same romantic ambiance of Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel!
If you don’t yet understand why Wausau is such a wonderful place for romantic getaways in Wisconsin, come visit us this winter and let us show you the ways! In part, it’s the many fun things to do in Wausau, where you’ll enjoy 4-seasons of fun. But there’s more to Wausau than just fun adventure. There’s a delightful historic ambiance to the town of Wausau itself, and we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by all this area has to offer.
Our Wausau hotel is beloved by all through travel through these doors. Book your room at our Wausau hotel today, and enjoy the most romantic getaways in Wisconsin.
Where to Stay for the Best Romantic Getaway in Wisconsin
Though we – and many who have traveled here – consider Wausau to be one of the most romantic weekend getaways in Wisconsin, it’s still a bit of an “off the radar” destination, and remains one of Wisconsin’s hidden gems. However, from the moment you first arrive in this beautiful town with a historic, Northwoods feel, we think you’ll see what makes it such a special place.
Moreover, we think pulling up in front of the historic Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel is all it will take to see why our hotel is one of the most romantic getaways in Wisconsin. We are anything but your standard hotel chain or Bed and Breakfast.
We pride ourselves on the guest experience and have carefully tended to every aspect of your stay. Not only do we provide comfortable and luxurious accommodations, but we extend to you unbeatable service and hospitality, and offer a range of amenities that work together in concert to ensure no detail is left untended.
Wake up in your luxuriously soft bed each morning to the smell of our freshly roasted gourmet coffee and a delicious breakfast being made fresh for you in our kitchen. From there, you’ll experience a breakfast that is anything but ordinary. Instead, you’ll find a variety of locally sourced ingredients transformed into a scrumptious breakfast that is as delicious as it is satisfying.
It’s these moments, and this level of service, that make your stay here extraordinary and help Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel stand out as one of the most romantic getaways in Wisconsin.
Our Favorite Things to do in Wausau This Winter
As far as planning the most romantic getaway in Wisconsin goes, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better destination than our Wausau hotel. Whether you feel like braving the cold or would rather stick to browsing world-class museums and other indoor adventures, there’s plenty for you to enjoy here for a weekend.
Here are 8 fun things to do in Wausau Wisconsin this winter, all of which will allow you to enjoy one of the most romantic getaways in Wisconsin to the fullest.
- Browse Wausau’s art galleries and museums, such as the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum.
- Savor the romance over drinks and innovative dishes and a one-of-a-kind experience at the nearby Pinewood Supper club in Mosinee. It’s the #2 supper club in the state and one of the most romantic dining venues near Wausau. For romantic dinners within walking distance, head to City Grill or Back When Cafe.
- Get outside, and go on a romantic snowshoe to the winter wonderland at Rib Mountain State Park and Nine Mile County Forest Recreation Area. There are some extra romantic candlelit snowshoe events coming up at Rib Mountain State Park that we highly recommend.
- For a bit more excitement, head to Granite Peak Ski Area for a day of extraordinary skiing right here in the Midwest!
- Stay in, crank up the music on your room’s Sonos sound system, enjoy a leisurely soak in our large soaking tub (available only in the Fuller Room), and share a bottle of wine in front of the fireplace.
Whatever it is you do during the day, know that the warm, sophisticated, and romantic atmosphere of our Inn is the perfect place to enjoy romantic weekend getaways in Wisconsin. This winter, let us help you sweep your loved ones off their feet. Book your stay at the Stewart Inn Boutique Hotel today!