Wausau, Wisconsin is known as “Wausome!” — and one of the top reasons is that it’s home to the Stewart Inn, our Wausau Boutique Hotel, and the top-rated Wisconsin hotel. Why? Because our Wausau Boutique Hotel is as beautiful, comfortable, and luxurious inside and out — and you’ll want to marvel at its exterior, in the heart of the Andrew Warren Historic District, for quite a while before you step inside this lovingly restored 1906 Prairie-style mansion that’s on the National Register of Historic Places.
Inside, in our spacious and gorgeous common areas, you’ll be stunned by virtually every aspect of famed architect George Maher’s creation, from its original chandelier sconces, decorative fireplaces, and stained-glass windows. And that’s all before you get to our five breathtaking guest rooms, which are as loaded with historic charm as they are with modern amenities. And that’s all before we get into the vast array of romantic-getaway packages, discount specials, and enhancement our Wausau Hotel has to offer.
This winter, plan in some of that much-needed “you” time, and book your stay at our #1 rated Wausau Boutique Hotel today!
5 Reasons to Choose our Wausau Boutique Hotel
As one of America’s great small cities in America’s heartland, Wausau’s opportunities for great indoor and outdoor fun tend to be in close proximity to one another. And in Wausau, things are just as hopping in winter as they are at any other time of year. Whether you’re here to partake in a variety of adventures outdoors or would rather spend your days in the cozy confines of our Inn, you’ll find what you’re looking for. The best part is, our Wausau Boutique Hotel is just minutes from it all!
Here’s a closer look at what’s worth looking over in and around Wausau, close by our Wausau Boutique Hotel:
- Granite Peak Ski Area. This 200-acre winter wonderland, located inside Rib Mountain State Park, is one of America’s oldest continuously operating ski resorts, dating back to 1937. And it’s endured for a reason — for one thing, it’s much easier to get to than many such resorts, and as such is wildly popular among downhill skiers and snowboarders alike. Learn more here about what’s on offer this winter at Granite Peak.
- Curling. Whether you want to try your hand at this ice sport or just watch the competition, Wausau is the place — it’s the home of one of America’s oldest clubs for the sport, the Wausau Curling Club, and at this time of year, there’s always a fun event happening. And if you’re more curious than knowledgeable about curling, check out “10 Reasons to Love Curling.”
- Ice skating. While Wausau’s indoor rinks are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, there are plenty of places outdoors to lace up skates and glide along groomed ice. (Skate rentals are a little tougher to track down, however; try here.)
- Beer and cocktails. Nothing warms the wintertime belly like a good beverage, and one of the less prominent but no less important features of our Wausau Hotel is its pedestrian-friendly proximity to many of Wausau’s best food and drink locales. And whether or not you’re a beer drinker, many of Wausau’s brewpubs offer “winter warmer” beverages as well. And here’s our own list of the best restaurants in Wausau. And a longer list here.
- Shop Wausau. In addition to the many great stores in the River District, there’s a vast array of artisanal goods on offer at the Wausau Winter Market. All are in close proximity to our Wausau Boutique Hotel.
Make Our Wausau Hotel Your Winter-Fun Headquarters
At the Stewart Inn, our goal is nothing less than to give you the luxurious experience of a bed and breakfast within the setting of a boutique hotel. And by all measures, we’ve succeeded — and we haven’t even yet mentioned our multi-course gourmet “not your ordinary hotel breakfast” breakfasts!
So make your plans for a Wausau winter wonderland escape — and get that plan in motion by reserving your room at our #1 rated Wausau Boutique Hotel right away!